Hongo comes with a wide range of demos. When you first install Hongo, it won’t contain the extra theme content that you have seen in the live demo of Hongo. With Demo data import, you can easily import all demos with the single click. As demos are the best method for your site. With this function, you can import an entire demo section or only certain sections that you are interested. Before starting with demo data import, please see below requirements that you need at the time of importing.
Demo Import Requirements
- Memory limit of 256 MB and max execution time (php time limit) of 180 seconds.
- Hongo Addons must be activated for custom post type and shortcodes to import.
- WPBakery Page Builder and Slider Revolution must be activated for content and sliders to import.
- WooCommerce must be activated for shop data to import.
- Contact form 7 must be activated for form data to import.
- MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress must be activated for newsletter form data to import.
Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
We suggested below PHP configurations to avoid errors such as blank screen, white screen, our demo import fails, empty page content, and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits. To avoid all of these error, increase the PHP limits. To know more about it, do as directed below or you can also contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum.
- Upload max filesize (upload_max_filesize) 40M
- PHP post max size (post_max_size) 128M
- Max input time (max_execution_time) 180 (This needs to be increased if your server is slow and cannot import data.)
- PHP memory limit (memory_limit) 256M
- PHP max input variables (max_input_vars) 2000
Tip: You can also check PHP configuration settings from Dashboard > Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. You can also contact your hosting provider for more information.
Hongo Demo Importer
Please follow below steps to import demo data and settings. Hongo Demo importer which you access via WordPress Admin and allows you to import any demo super quickly.
Simply Go to admin panel > Appearance > Theme setup > Demo Import from admin panel’s sidebar to choose and import the demo of your choice:
Import All Demo Data
Using this option you can import all demos with all settings including all pages, posts, products, theme options, menu, widgets, slider revolution, contact forms, MailChimp forms as per demo site.
Note: If you are getting permission error like below then please set permission to 755 or 777 for directory “sample-data” (wp-content/plugins/hongo-addons/importer/sample-data)
Error Message: Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/hongo-addons/importer/sample-data/common-data/xxxx.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/hongo-addons/importer/parsers.php on line 67
Note: If you see import doesn’t respond error in the import progress screen, then please deactivate WP importer or any other import related plugin you have installed and then again try to import demo data.