If you cannot import the demo data then it could be because one of the following reasons:
- Your PHP memory, file upload size, and/or execution limits are set too low
- Your web host uses process watching software that prevents bulk processing on their web servers
- You have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php, please change this to false while importing the demo data
- Recommended PHP Configuration Limits
If the import never completes or you receive an error your PHP configuration limits may be set too low. You should contact your web host and ask them to increase the following:
- Upload max filesize (upload_max_filesize) 40M
- PHP post max size (post_max_size) 128M
- Max input time (max_execution_time) 180 (This needs to be increased if your server is slow and cannot import data.)
- PHP memory limit (memory_limit) 256M
Tip: You can also check PHP configuration settings from Dashboard > Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. You can also contact your hosting provider for more information.
Manually Import Demo Content
If you still can’t import the demo data you can try to manually import the demo content without images. Simply Go to admin panel > Appearance > Theme setup > Demo Import from admin panel’s sidebar to choose and import the demo of your choice.
Using this option you can import all demos with all settings including all pages, posts, products, theme options, menu, widgets, slider revolution, contact forms, MailChimp forms as per demo site.
Note: If you are getting permission error like below then please set permission to 755 or 777 for directory “sample-data” (wp-content/plugins/hongo-addons/importer/sample-data)
Error Message: Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/hongo-addons/importer/sample-data/common-data/xxxx.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/hongo-addons/importer/parsers.php on line 67
Note: If you see import doesn’t respond error in the import progress screen, then please deactivate WP importer or any other import related plugin you have installed and then again try to import demo data.